Homemade Sweet Pickles
Photo by: JerseyGirlCooks - Lisa G
You'll never buy a jar of pickles again!
- 6 cups Cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup red peppers, sliced in 1 inch strips
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 TBS sea salt
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup water
- Place the cucumbers, red peppers, jalapenos in a medium size bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and toss well. Let the mixture sit for an hour.
- In a small sauce pan, mix together vinegar, sugar, dill, celery seed, pepper and water. Heat to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place cucumber mixture in glass or plastic containers and pour vinegar mixture over them.
- Let the pickles sit in the fridge for 24 hours before eating them
submitted by Lisa from JerseyGirlCooks - much more here!
Spicy Mayo Spread
This stuff should be illegal, use Miracle Whip for a lower fat spread