Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
Photo by: Scoochmaroo
Easy, Simple, and Delicious :)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (200g) cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (188g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (200g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons (75g) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans) (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
Mix canned pumpkin, oil, and sugar together, either by hand or with a mixer on low.
Add in eggs, one at a time, combining thoroughly after each.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
Slowly add flour mixture to liquids, combining thoroughly and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula until well combined.
Mix together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
Grease your muffin tins or line with paper cups.
Drop in spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture.
Add smaller spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on top.
Swirl with a skewer.
Bake as follows, turning the tins half way through baking times:
mini muffins: 20-25 min
standard muffins: 25-30 min
jumbo muffins: 30-40 min
submitted by Scoccochmarro - more here!